Let me write a few words about the recent Formula 1 race in Abu Dhabi. The event was an absolute joy and I wish I had more time to write a bit of a longer post about this event, but I guess it's a welcome departure from my favourite pastime on this blog, which is exposing Israeli crimes.
The F1 Circuit was very well-designed and built from an engineering standpoint (oh, DJ, I remembered I should write a metro post from an engineering viewpoint). This is great because it still felt like a proper F1 track even though it doesn't have the history of Silverstone or the feel of Monaco, but it just felt right, even though we were sitting practically in the middle of the desert in an island out of all places.
- Loads of volunteers.
- Loads of free busses.
- Crowds were very decent, high-quality people (i don't like crowds).
- Food/Drink were really above amazing!
- Very little traffic jams near the circuit.
- Free earplugs were given out.
- Amazing flying jets.
- Police did a great job.
- Overall great fun and worth the long drive from Dubai.
- Parking was put very far from the circuit.
- Loads of VIP parking spaces near the circuit were left empty. a waste.
- The security guys were dumb and didn't speak good Arabic or English.
- THERE WERE NOT ENOUGH CRASHES ON THE CIRCUIT!!!!
I will leave you with some pictures :-)
This Blog, R.I.P.
1 month ago